Please see letter emailed out earlier.
Snow forecast tomorrow
There is a risk that adverse weather conditions will make it difficult to open the school tomorrow. Whilst I know that a firm decision about whether we’re opening or not might be preferable for some of you, I am reluctant to make an announcement until I can see the latest forecasts and assess the site.
With all of that in mind, I suggest that families:
a) make a contingency plan for the scenario where we announce by 7.15 that the school is closed,
b) make a further contingency plan for the scenario where we open in the morning but later find that the weather is worse than forecast. In this scenario we would announce an early closure by email in order to get everyone home safely.
All of that said, if you feel that your personal circumstances are such that it is either unsafe to travel from your home or too difficult to make alternative arrangements at such short notice, I will be happy to authorise absence on this basis. If you do decide to keep your child at home please ring or email the office first thing in the morning in the normal way.
If your child is coming to school tomorrow please be sure to send them with warm and weather-proof clothing. Ideally they will have boots for outdoor play as well as coats, hats and gloves. We won’t send children out in sub zero conditions if we think they’re not sufficiently well wrapped up.
World Book Day
Although tomorrow is the official world book day you will have seen from previous emails that we are not marking the day until Friday. If, as a result of continued bad weather the school is closed on Friday, we will reschedule this for Monday.
Many thanks for your patience with all of this